UPDATED: MAY 2018
Nickelodeon Terms and Conditions
Nick Jr Fan Club (the “Club”)
We have a few rules (these “Terms”) which you’ll need to know and follow when you join the Club operated by us, Nickelodeon UK Limited (Company Registration No: 2797365) of 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (“Nickelodeon”).
These Terms include details about how to register for the Club, membership benefits and anything else Nickelodeon thinks you may need to know about being a member of the Club. These Terms will apply to Club registration and membership, and by registering for the Club and becoming a Member you promise to follow and be bound by these Terms (which may be amended or varied at any time by Nickelodeon with or without notice) and by Nickelodeon’s decisions, which are final in all matters relating to these Terms and the Club, and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into. Any enquiries about the Club should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHO CAN BECOME A MEMBER?
1. To be eligible to become a member of the Club, you must:
a) be aged 18 years or over;
b) live in the UK or Republic of Ireland; and
c) have a valid email address.
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER
2. To become a member of the Club, you must do the following:
a) go to www.nickjrfanclub.uk (the “Club Website”) and complete the online registration form, including first name and valid email address; and
b) confirm that you are aged 18 years old or over; and
(together a), b) and c) above shall be a “Registration”).
If you want to receive a birthday email for your child you will also have to provide their month of birth although this information is not mandatory.
3. No purchase is necessary in order to join the Club, but you will need access to the internet in order to access the Club Website and enjoy the Membership Benefits (see clause 7 for these benefits). If you aren’t the person paying the bill then please check with them before registering.
4. Registration can only be completed via the Club Website, and registrations submitted by any other method will not be valid.
5. Please take care when completing the Club registration form to ensure that we have your correct details. Any Registrations which are incomplete will not be valid. Nickelodeon is not responsible if your Registration gets lost, delayed, misdirected, is undelivered or if you have technical problems trying to join the Club.
HOW TO CANCEL YOUR MEMBERSHIP
UPDATED: MAY 2018
6. Members may cancel their membership by selecting the “unsubscribe” link in any of the Club’s monthly newsletters. Upon clicking and following such link, Members will then be asked to re-enter their email address in order to confirm that they wish to unsubscribe from the Club.
7. The current benefits of membership of the Club are the following:
a) a “sign up” confirmation email at point of registration;
b) a welcome email with printable activity pack after confirmation of registration;
c) monthly Club newsletter emails; and
d) a birthday email for your child (if you provide your child’s month of birth) (commencing 1 June 2018)
(together, a), b), c) and d) are the “Membership Benefits”).
DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
10. Personal information collected from members of the Club will be used by Nickelodeon solely in connection with the Club and we will not disclose your personal information to any third party except for the purposes of operating the Club and/or providing the Membership Benefits. For example if you win a competition, we may need to pass your information to a third party to arrange delivery of your prize, or we may need advice from an auditor or legal adviser. We currently use The Promotions Factory Limited (company number 03687321) to assist us with competitions and the provision of the Membership Benefits. We will make sure that any third parties keep your information secure; only keep the information for so long as is necessary; and will comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
11. The Member’s name, e-mail address and child’s birth month (if provided) will be retained in order to send the monthly Club newsletter and fulfil other Membership Benefits. If a Member chooses to unsubscribe in accordance with clause 6 above, all their personal data shall be permanently destroyed.
12. All changes to the Terms will be posted in revised terms and conditions on https://www.nickjrfanclub.uk/
13. Events may occur that render the provision of the Membership Benefits (or any part thereof) impossible due to reasons beyond the reasonable control of Nickelodeon. Nickelodeon will not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the Member should they not receive or be able to receive the Membership Benefits (or any part thereof) as a result of any such event. In particular, Nickelodeon shall have no obligation to substitute any alternative prize, cash equivalent or provide any other compensation.
UPDATED: MAY 2018
Doc #10010 v2 3
14. Nickelodeon reserves the right to cease operation of the Club at any stage and for any reason.
15. Nickelodeon will not be liable to you for any delays or failure (whether in whole or in part) in carrying out its obligations in respect of the Club due to circumstances beyond Nickelodeon’s reasonable control. You will be solely responsible for any costs incurred by you as a result of such delays and/or failures.
16. Nickelodeon will not be liable to you for any loss or damage however it was caused (including without limitation in contract, tort or statutory duty) in connection with the Club, other than for death or personal injury caused by Nickelodeon’s (and/or its employees’) negligence.
17. The Terms in respect of the Club are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and if there are any disputes the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction.